Another day, another presentation. This time we were lucky to have two of the leaders in Manitoba Web Based Education, Howard Griffith and Donald Girouard. First off I really think the idea of the Manitoba Education web based courses are really beneficial for students and teachers. It allows students to participate in classes that are not offered in their school. I like that an expert teacher will be delivering the course so that students will get the most out of the experience. On the flip side I think that delivering this course would be really time consuming for the teacher.
The most important aspect for myself was that you could use the web based courses as a guide in the classroom. Since the web courses follow the curriculum, these course would be great resources for teachers. They may be limited in the differentiated instruction, but as an educator I think it would be beneficial to use some of the material for these courses (developed by experts) in the classroom. Teaching a subject for the first time, these courses could save you alot of preperation.
Talk to you next week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am said to say that I missed this presentation. The fact that you can use web based courses that follow the curriculum as a guide to your classroom class is of HUGE benefit. Your right A.G, thats a big resourse. Do you have a link that myself and others could use? Thank you for the insight.
ReplyDeleteJustin T
Good points Amie! I agree that using web bases courses as a resource would be very helpful, especially for next year and the first time teaching courses! As everyone says, "don't reinvent the wheel!" These courses would be great to get generate notes from or to use some of the examples and questions. I have mixed feelings about delivering these types of courses. It would be hard to really get to know students and build a relationship with them through this delivery, but I guess you would just have to be more creative in the way you did it!
ReplyDeleteFancy music on here!