We had a presentation on cyberbullying this week. I feel that cyberbullying is a very important issue in schools today. A lot of people do cyberbullying without knowing it. I was surprised how high I scored on the "are you a cyberbully". This kinda test would be something I would do with my class so they become aware that they may or may not be cyberbullying. Students need to educated in this area because of the effects cyberbullying has on people and their health.
We also had a presentation on filtering in school. I agree that students should have their searches filtered. I believe that teachers should have the freedom to use all sites, such as YouTube as teaching resources. Obviously teachers could be monitored and not allowed to go on inappropriate sites.
Thats all for this week.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The 'Are you a cyberbully' test was very neat. It was quite surprising to see how many different ways people cyberbully. And I agree that it would be a great tool to use in the classroom to demonstrate to kids how much cyberbullying occurs.
ReplyDeletevery good test on cyberbullying. I would use it in an ICT course. It opens the students' eyes in helping them determine if they are a bully or not.
ReplyDelete