Sunday, January 24, 2010

Presentation by Dr. Alec Couros

This weeks presentation was conducted by Dr. Alec Couros via Elluminate Live. First of all the Elluminate live program was pretty cool. It allowed us to connect with Alec in a different province. He was able to talk to us, while giving a presentation on open education. Elluminate live would be a good way to have people present to my classes. (some doodling functions would have to be turned off)

Alec had a lot of interesting and useful ideas. I really liked the photo sharing idea. I could see my classes doing this. Everyday we could take a picture of the class doing an activity, assignment, presentation or whatever we are up to that day. We would photo share those class pictures so other teachers can get ideas on activities (resource sharing), or they could be viewed by parents so they can get a better understanding of what their children are doing at school. I think it could be a good way to have accountability in the class, as well as introducing technology into the class. In Phys Ed. this would be a great way to share games with other educators.

Great Presentation!!

till next time the Gaudry Files are closed!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Aime it is a real cool idea to get a speaker when they cannot be physically come to do a presentation. I was surprised at my self since I need to see the person who is talking when I am listening to a lecture. But in this situation I didn’t feel a difference.
    I also will use the photo sharing idea. I can use this idea to share different art work. I think it is a very useful idea.
    I also felt that it was a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good points Aime!

    I am definitely going to learn how to use Elluminate Live so that I can have presentations without the presenter being in the classroom. Its going to allow for so many presentation options, as travelling is usually costly.

    I also like your idea of connecting with parents through Elluminate! Lots of parents can worry about what kind of education their child is getting, so this would be a great way to show them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aime,

    Wasn't elluminate sweet??? I think that was likely the most interactive and interesting presentation that I've ever had. The presentation was pretty neat, it was a great way of resource sharing!

    Great post!

    Burch

    ReplyDelete