John Evans visited our Internet for Educators class on Wednesday Jan. 13, 2010. John talked about Personal Learning Networks (PLNs). He talked about many sources of technology that can be used daily such as twitter, but my favorite was the the Google Reader.
I think it is awesome how you can add subscriptions to almost any site by just copying the email address and pasting the address into your reader (under add a subscription). Why is this awesome??? Well you can add sports sites, news sites, educational sites etc. to one page for easy reference. The Google reader then allows you to view the top stories under each page that you have subscribed to. Each story has a short description to help you choose if its worth your time to read the whole article. As John said you can have the stories updated daily, so this would be a great way to start the day. You can delete the articles that are irrelevant or boring. The reader would be a good way to keep up with classmates blogs in school and for resource materials for class projects.
Google reader is a pretty sweet tool for educators. I look forward to learning about other tools in the coming weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think we'll all have something interesting to contribute as this blogging continues. I think your blogs looking great,(unfortunately the Bruins are God's team. I'm sure your like me with alot more information comming in than I can handle. I also agree the PLN's are really interesting. Evan's information really made an impression.
ReplyDelete